DAC will follow Darien Public School’s policy for Covid-19 Contact Tracing. If any school closes for contact tracing, all DAC students must wait for the superintendent’s clearance letter in order to return to on-site classes. We expect all students asked to quarantine to comply for the safety of our community.
- We ask that all employees and students stay home if they feel sick or after being exposed to others that have been sick.
- Staff, teachers, and students will be required to wear a face covering upon entering the DAC and while practicing social distancing when circulating the building (all common areas, restrooms, and studios).
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the DAC.
- All DAC students will sign a Covid -19 Waiver with registration form.
- DAC’s studios and bathrooms will be cleaned regularly while all shared equipment, and art supplies will be disinfected after every class.
- Face coverings will be required for all Art and Music students.
- Dance students will be required to come to class ready to dance and will remain 3 feet apart while dancing with a face covering. No hands-on adjustments by teachers will occur during classes. No changing will be allowed onsite.
- We suggest students bring their own water bottles. We also suggest using bathrooms at home before coming to class. DAC bathrooms will be cleaned regularly.
- Parents/guardians wearing masks are welcome to accompany children to class for drop off. The DAC lobby and atrium will be open for waiting in-between classes with social distancing and mask wearing protocols in place.
DAC Covid-19 Refund Policy
For On-Site Dance & VA Classes ONLY
In the event Darien Arts Center needs to cancel onsite classes due to Covid-19 related issues or an enforced shutdown, all classes will continue virtually by Zoom.
50% tuition refunds will be given for remaining number of classes to those who choose not to participate in the virtual substitution.
Registration fees will only be refunded if Darien Arts Center cancels class before the start date.